High blood pressure – add this 18p fruit to your diet to avoid hypertension
High blood pressure – add this 18p fruit to your diet to avoid hypertension HIGH blood pressure symptoms can include chest pain, severe headaches and difficulty breathing. But, you could slash your risk of hypertension by adding more of this cheap fruit to your diet. High blood...
Breast cancer: Women suffering from early stage 'could avoid unnecessary mastectomies'
Breast cancer: Women suffering from early stage ‘could avoid unnecessary mastectomies’ MANY women who suffer from early stage breast cancer...
Obesity set to become leading cause of preventable cancer
Obesity set to become leading cause of preventable cancer OBESITY is “potentially the new smoking” and is set to become...
Womb cancer: Grandmother discovered her weight was a main cause of her illness
Womb cancer: Grandmother discovered her weight was a main cause of her illness GRANDMOTHER Janet Boak discovered her weight may...
High blood pressure – hypertension symptoms slashed by eating these six spices
High blood pressure – hypertension symptoms slashed by eating these six spices HIGH blood pressure symptoms include chest pain, severe...
Best supplements for arthritis – joint pain reduced by taking these 3p capsules everyday
Best supplements for arthritis – joint pain reduced by taking these 3p capsules everyday ARTHRITIS pain and other joint symptoms...
Bowel cancer symptoms: Five warning signs that you should see a GP now
Bowel cancer symptoms: Five warning signs that you should see a GP now CANCER symptoms vary depending on where the...
Hay fever symptoms: Man cures his sneezing and runny nose by making this natural treatment
Hay fever symptoms: Man cures his sneezing and runny nose by making this natural treatment HAY fever symptoms include sneezing,...
Dementia – five natural things you can do now to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Dementia – five natural things you can do now to prevent Alzheimer’s disease DEMENTIA symptoms include memory loss, confusion and...
Digestive pain? These 5p supplements could prevent constipation and bloating
Digestive pain? These 5p supplements could prevent constipation and bloating CONSTIPATION pain and stomach bloating can be uncomfortable and painful....
How to live longer – best exercise for extending life expectancy by years
How to live longer – best exercise for extending life expectancy by years LIVE longer by doing regular exercise, the...
Meningitis warning: Fife adults dies of meningococcal infection – six symptoms to look for
Meningitis warning: Fife adults dies of meningococcal infection – six symptoms to look for MENINGITIS warning: Meningococcal meningitis is a...
Diabetes type 2 – add this cheap spice to your shopping list to prevent high blood sugar
Diabetes type 2 – add this cheap spice to your shopping list to prevent high blood sugar DIABETES type 2...
Vitamin D deficiency: The reason your supplements are not working – what you need to do
Vitamin D deficiency: The reason your supplements are not working – what you need to do VITAMIN D deficiency can...
High blood pressure symptoms: Prevent hypertension by adding this tea to your diet
High blood pressure symptoms: Prevent hypertension by adding this tea to your diet HIGH blood pressure symptoms range from dizziness...
Chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms: Do you have the illness or are you just tired?
Chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms: Do you have the illness or are you just tired? CHRONIC fatigue syndrome symptoms include feeling...
Breast cancer symptoms in men: Four changes in the nipple to watch for
Breast cancer symptoms in men: Four changes in the nipple to watch for BREAST cancer symptoms do not just involve...
How to live longer: Hour of exercise in short bursts slashes premature death risk
How to live longer: Hour of exercise in short bursts slashes premature death risk JUST an hour of exercise in...
Disease X: How deadly disease could cause a global epidemic on scale of Zika or Ebola
Disease X: How deadly disease could cause a global epidemic on scale of Zika or Ebola DISEASE X has been...
Exercise, not painkillers, should be prescribed to treat back pain, experts warn
Exercise, not painkillers, should be prescribed to treat back pain, experts warn MILLIONS of Britons are having their lower back...
High blood pressure: Eating THESE foods could increase your risk
High blood pressure: Eating THESE foods could increase your risk REGULARLY eating well-grilled, barbecued or roasted beef, chicken or fish...
Arthritis pain symptoms: These four foods could reverse joint stiffness and inflammation
Arthritis pain symptoms: These four foods could reverse joint stiffness and inflammation ARTHRITIS pain and other symptoms affect about 10...
- E-cigarette users may be less likely to quit smoking, says a new study March 22, 2018Smokers who also use e-cigarettes may be half as likely to give up tobacco as smokers who never vape at all, a European study suggests.Lisa Rapaport
- Man has leg amputated, fights for his life after horrific motorbike crash in Thailand March 22, 2018A motorcycle ride had his right leg amputated and is fighting for his life after a horrible crash in Thailand.Melanie Dadourian
- 'Childhood Alzheimer's' robs teenager of his ability to speak and sing his favorite song March 22, 2018The mother of a teenager with the childhood condition, Sanfilippo Syndrome has revealed her heartbreak after it stole her son's ability to speak.Melanie Dadourian
- Study finds obesity robs the tongue of taste buds in mice March 21, 2018Cornell University researchers found that packing on pounds seems to dull people's sense of taste.Lauren Neergaard
- Bee sting acupuncture once touted by Gwyneth Paltrow kills woman in Spain March 21, 2018A 55-year-old woman in Spain died from an allergic reaction to bee venom while undergoing a pain management treatment called apitherapy.Melanie Dadourian
- Harry Connick Jr. talks colon cancer screening options March 21, 2018Now that the Broadway crooner has turned 50, he is raising awareness on a cancer whose timely screening is crucial, colon cancer.Lindsay Carlton
- Flu patient's mistake with over-the-counter meds leads to transplant March 21, 2018Doctors determined that a woman who was taking over-the-counter medicines ingested too much acetaminophen, which was causing damage to her liver. She was told that she would need a liver transplant to save her life.Jackie Salo
- 21-year-old fights for her life after doctors told her she had tonsillitis March 21, 2018A 21-year-old was left fighting for her life after a sore throat she thought was just tonsillitis developed into a deadly disorder - leaving her unable to walk or talk.Melanie Dadourian
- Twin gets life-saving transplant while it's too late for brother March 20, 2018Twin brothers from Texas, who were both diagnosed last year with stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver both need a transplant but only one is getting a new organ.Jackie Salo
- Quadruple amputee mom says, 'I just have to go with it' after surgery March 20, 2018A Utah woman is in the hospital recovering after having both her arms and legs amputated.John Franchi, Fox 13 Salt Lake City
- James Dunmore lost his two sisters to cystic fibrosis March 22, 2018Made In Chelsea star James Dunmore has told BBC 5 live that he lost two sisters to cystic fibrosis.
- Muffin sugar measured out in teaspoons March 22, 2018BBC presenter Victoria Derbyshire measures out the sugar that can be found in a typical muffin.
- Things people with chronic illness are sick of hearing March 21, 2018Rose and Alex have set up a project encouraging people to write and draw about their chronic illness. The best friends have drawn up a list of things they're sick of hearing.
- Robotic dog in Dorset care home helps elderly residents March 21, 2018Biscuit the robotic dog responds to touch and speech to help people with dementia.
- Patient and medics tackle Sahara race for Air Ambulance March 20, 2018Medics and a former patient take on a gruelling Sahara race to raise funds for London Air Ambulance.
- Call for Alfie Dingley to be allowed medicinal cannabis March 20, 2018A mother shows the bruises from her "aggressive and angry" six-year-old son in the campaign for a special licence to use medicinal cannabis to treat his epilepsy.
- Teenagers with HIV: 'Just a little illness' March 20, 2018Missed sleepovers, exam issues, secrets from siblings - the challenges of growing up with HIV.
- Cannabis oil: Meet the woman taking it for breast cancer recovery March 20, 2018Nikki Bednall says she takes cannabis oil through "desperation not recreation" after her breast cancer.
- Chantelle Millward on Orkambi drug for cystic fibrosis patients March 19, 2018MPs are debating a petition calling for all people with cystic fibrosis to be given the life-changing, but very expensive, drug.
- 'Game changer' treatment for Multiple Sclerosis patients March 19, 2018Louise Willetts says she is completely well following treatment that was originally used on cancer patients.
- What does your knee sound like inside? March 18, 2018A team at the Georgia Institute of Technology is developing a stethoscope for your knees.
- Dorset orchestra forms 'first ensemble of disabled musicians' March 18, 2018The musicians hope to show that disabled people can and should be more involved in classical music.
- Living healthily in Qatar: Why's it hard? March 18, 2018In Qatar, over 70% of the population is overweight or obese.
- 'I wish I had the confidence to go out without make-up' March 16, 2018Twenty-nine-year-old Tracy has acne, and worries about what people think of her at work.
- 'You have to present the perfect face online' March 16, 2018Lex has rosacea and says it's hard to be honest about her skin online.
- A better way to care for dementia patients March 16, 2018Infrared technology and artificial intelligence offer a better way to take care of dementia patients. It can scan their vital signs 24 hours a day.
- Disabled girl's Hoddesdon home adapted by volunteers March 15, 2018A toddler who was born with a hole in her heart has had her home revamped by builders.
- 'I take 'smart drugs' despite risks' March 15, 2018Leora is a student who takes a 'smart drug' to help her cope with the pressures of university.
- Corbyn quotes Hawking to May March 14, 2018Jeremy Corbyn quotes the late Prof Hawkins when he asks about finances and staff numbers in the NHS.
- Professor Stephen Hawking's greatest wish March 14, 2018The physicist, who has died aged 76, had motor neurone disease.