How to sleep in a heatwave: Do this with your pillow for a cooler forty winks
How to sleep in a heatwave: Do this with your pillow for a cooler forty winks HOW TO sleep in a heatwave: Britons are currently experiencing record summer weather which has been forecast to continue into August. But longer daylight hours and soaring temperatures can make getting enough...
How to get rid of wind: Four ways to prevent flatulence and a bloated stomach
How to get rid of wind: Four ways to prevent flatulence and a bloated stomach HOW TO get rid of...
High blood pressure: Six remedies to help lower your reading and eliminate symptoms
High blood pressure: Six remedies to help lower your reading and eliminate symptoms HIGH blood pressure symptoms aren’t always noticeable...
Yellow fever vaccine: How long does the vaccination last and when do you need to get it?
Yellow fever vaccine: How long does the vaccination last and when do you need to get it? YELLOW fever vaccine...
How to live longer: Eating turmeric daily is the key to longevity – but how much?
How to live longer: Eating turmeric daily is the key to longevity – but how much? HOW TO live longer...
Vascular dementia symptoms: Loss of control of this part of the body could be a sign
Vascular dementia symptoms: Loss of control of this part of the body could be a sign VASCULAR dementia symptoms can...
Asthma death: ‘Shocking’ figures reveal highest deaths this century – how to avoid attacks
Asthma death: ‘Shocking’ figures reveal highest deaths this century – how to avoid attacks ASTHMA UK has called for basic...
Insect bite: Could this be the most dangerous? Worst biting bug this summer revealed
Insect bite: Could this be the most dangerous? Worst biting bug this summer revealed Insect bites can become infected and...
Vitamin B12 deficiency – five reasons you need to eat more B12 foods
Vitamin B12 deficiency – five reasons you need to eat more B12 foods VITAMIN B12 deficiency could cause irritability, a...
Eczema treatment: Put more of this natural food on skin to soothe painful rashes
Eczema treatment: Put more of this natural food on skin to soothe painful rashes ECZEMA treatment for rashes on the...
Eating later at night can increase breast and prostate cancer risk, says research
Eating later at night can increase breast and prostate cancer risk, says research MIDNIGHT fridge raiders are more at risk...
Norovirus OUTBREAK: Halt the spread of infection by doing this
Norovirus OUTBREAK: Halt the spread of infection by doing this A NOROVIRUS outbreak has struck the UK, with reports of...
Back pain – 85p ‘top superfood’ could prevent lower backache
Back pain – 85p ‘top superfood’ could prevent lower backache BACK pain could be prevented by watching your diet, or...
Norovirus OUTBREAK: Are you at risk? Five unpleasant signs the virus has invaded your body
Norovirus OUTBREAK: Are you at risk? Five unpleasant signs the virus has invaded your body A NOROVIRUS outbreak has shaken...
Stomach bloating: This exercise could get rid of trapped wind – do it from your own home
Stomach bloating: This exercise could get rid of trapped wind – do it from your own home STOMACH bloating could...
Bowel cancer symptoms: This distressing sign in your toilet could indicate the condition
Bowel cancer symptoms: This distressing sign in your toilet could indicate the condition BOWEL cancer symptoms and signs may be...
Diabetes type 1 symptoms: Unexplained weight loss? This woman lost 10 kg before diagnosis
Diabetes type 1 symptoms: Unexplained weight loss? This woman lost 10 kg before diagnosis DIABETES type 1 symptoms may appear...
High blood pressure – this breathing exercise is ‘one of most effective’ for hypertension
High blood pressure – this breathing exercise is ‘one of most effective’ for hypertension HIGH blood pressure risk could be...
Liver disease: Five early symptoms of organ damage caused by too much alcohol
Liver disease: Five early symptoms of organ damage caused by too much alcohol LIVER disease is often caused by drinking...
How fish oil supplements can CUT levels of good fat
How fish oil supplements can CUT levels of good fat THE millions who down fish oil to protect their heart...
Skin cancer symptoms: See your doctor if you experience these three signs
Skin cancer symptoms: See your doctor if you experience these three signs SKIN cancer symptoms can be difficult to identify...
- Arkansas woman claims brown recluse spider bite led to leg amputation July 18, 2018An Arkansas woman claims that she had to have her leg amputated after she was bitten by a brown recluse spider.Madeline Farber
- Nurse reunites with girl she saved from nearly drowning at apartment complex pool July 18, 2018The off-duty nurse who saved an 8-year-old from nearly drowning at their apartment complex’s pool last month was recently reunited with the young patient and her grateful family.Alexandria Hein
- Vermont woman reveals horrific wild parsnip burns in warning about dangerous plant July 18, 2018A Vermont woman who received the equivalent of second-degree chemical burns to her legs after falling into a wild parsnip plant is warning the others about the dangers of the seemingly harmless herbage.Madeline Farber
- Minnesota man, 26, receives his third heart July 18, 2018Jaren Winnings discovered in the fall that the heart he received at 8 years old was failing.Caroline Judelson
- Does eating beef jerky cause psychiatric symptoms? July 18, 2018Here's a strange bit of health news: A new study found that people with bipolar disorder who eat pepperoni, salami and other dry, cured meats might be at much higher risk of developing mania — a mental state characterized by an intensely positive mood, high energy, confusion and disconnection from reality.Rafi Letzter
- Service dog training program offers hope, rehab to inmates and soldiers July 18, 2018Rehabilitation can come in a multitude of ways, but for one Army soldier and an inmate, it comes on four legs in a golden-lab mix service dog named Hawkeye.Emily DeCiccio
- Teen gets sick, dies in front of 90 classmates at band practice July 18, 2018A 17-year-old girl became sick and died in front of about 90 of her fellow students at a Long Island high school on Monday night, a report said.Joe Tacopino
- Urgent care centers often prescribe unnecessary antibiotics July 18, 2018Patients with common colds and respiratory illnesses may be more likely to get antibiotics - which don’t work for these conditions - when they go to an urgent care clinic, a U.S. study suggests.
- Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly to have cancer checkup after 'something came up' July 18, 2018Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will travel to New York City next month for an unexpected checkup after “something came up” during his recovery from surgery for oral cancer.Ryan Gaydos
- Designer babies may be 'morally' acceptable, UK ethics council decides July 18, 2018The United Kingdom’s leading ethics body has issued its support for the science behind genetically modified babies, calling it “morally permissible” so long as altering the DNA of the fetus is in its future interests and does not further divide society.Paulina Dedaj
- 'Starting menopause at 29 left me grieving with no help' July 18, 2018Helen Owen said women going through a similar experience should seek specialist help.
- Adenomyosis: Pain '10 times worse than childbirth' July 16, 2018Three women describe living with the intense pain and heavy periods caused by adenomyosis.
- The Cardiff woman who is allergic to water July 14, 2018Cherelle Farrugia, 25, breaks out in a painful rash every time she comes into contact with water.
- Mental health: Wait for therapy added to teen's anxiety July 12, 2018"Massive" pressure on mental health services for young people is put down to over-referral by schools.
- Brothers spread positive message about Down's Syndrome July 12, 2018Brothers Alex and Nick are making a documentary about Down's Syndrome.
- Could artificial intelligence replace doctors? July 11, 2018UK company Babylon Health is testing an artificially intelligent medical chatbot in Rwanda.
- TOWIE star: 'I bought cannabis oil for my friend' July 11, 2018Former TOWIE star Danielle Armstrong says she bought cannabis oil for her friend who was dying from breast cancer.
- Food and music - caring for people with dementia the Caribbean way July 11, 2018Valerie Paragon has created an African-Caribbean cultural setting at a Birmingham care home.
- What is Novichok? July 9, 2018Laura Foster explains how the Novichok nerve agent works and what to do if you think you've been exposed to it.
- The watch that could help manage severe autism July 9, 2018By measuring stress and anxiety levels, this wearable device could help people communicate.
- Aptamil investigating baby milk formula complaints July 9, 2018Mums say their babies have been sick after the recipe of a popular formula milk was changed.
- How hospices care for the terminally ill July 8, 2018How hospices provide vital end of life care for patients and their families.
- Thai cave rescue: The physical effects of being trapped July 7, 2018A doctor specialising in treating people in difficult environments explains the impact of being trapped underground.
- NHS at 70: The lifelong friendship of nurses July 6, 2018Sybil and Mary started nursing when the NHS was founded and have been best friends ever since.
- Glasses made to measure... for $1 July 6, 2018Buying glasses with the correct lenses can be expensive - but it doesn't have to be this way.
- NHS at 70: Who was health service founder Nye Bevan? July 5, 2018A look at the life and times of the man considered to be the architect of the NHS.
- What the NHS means in one word July 5, 2018BBC News asked 70 people to sum up what the NHS means to them in one word.
- From GPs to AIDS: 70 years of classic NHS films July 5, 2018To mark the years of the NHS, the BFI has released a collection of rare public health films.
- Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke thanks nurses after father's death July 5, 2018Best known for her role as Daenerys Targaryen, Emilia Clarke is now a Royal College of Nursing ambassador.
- UK weather: Having solar urticaria means I'm allergic to the sun July 4, 2018Emma has solar urticaria which means her skin breaks out into hives when she stays in the sun for too long.