Cardinals send Bader, Voit and Lucas to Triple-A, release Motte
Cardinals send Bader, Voit and Lucas to Triple-A, release Motte The Cardinals announced on Friday that they have reduced their Spring Training roster by three players. Cardinals send Bader, Voit and Lucas to Triple-A, release Motte
South Florida sports icon H. Wayne Huizenga dies at the age of 80
South Florida sports icon H. Wayne Huizenga dies at the age of 80 H. Wayne Huizenga, former owner of the Florida Marlins, Florida Panthers and Miami Dolphins, has died at the age of 80. South Florida sports icon H....
Cris Carter on Kawhi's absence on Spurs: 'There's a reason he's not going out there, I trust his judgment'
Cris Carter on Kawhi’s absence on Spurs: ‘There’s a reason he’s not going out there, I trust his judgment’ In his discussion with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe, Cris Carter unveils why he trusts Kawhi Leonard’s judgment on not rushing...
Chris Mannix reveals why Steph Curry's ankle concerns could secretly be a positive for the Warriors
Chris Mannix reveals why Steph Curry’s ankle concerns could secretly be a positive for the Warriors Joining Nick Wright, Cris Carter and Jenna Wolfe on First Things First, Yahoo! Senior Sports Writer Chris Mannix reveals why Steph Curry’s ankle concerns...
Cris Carter: 'You're going nowhere in the NFL if you don't have a Russell Wilson – you need leaders'
Cris Carter: ‘You’re going nowhere in the NFL if you don’t have a Russell Wilson – you need leaders’ In his reaction to Michael Bennett’s words about how NFL teams ‘don’t want a bunch of Russell Wilsons,’ Cris Carter reveals...
Preview: Heat try to reverse trend vs. Western Conference with visit to Thunder
Preview: Heat try to reverse trend vs. Western Conference with visit to Thunder The Miami Heat hit the road and try to cool off Russell Westbrook, Paul George and the red-hot Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday night. Preview: Heat...
Top Tweets: ICYMI, watch the Brewers recreate a 'The Sandlot' scene
Top Tweets: ICYMI, watch the Brewers recreate a ‘The Sandlot’ scene ICYMI, watch the Milwaukee Brewers recreate a scene from classic baseball film ‘The Sandlot’ Top Tweets: ICYMI, watch the Brewers recreate a ‘The Sandlot’ scene
Top Tweets: Olympic curlers drop the puck at Wild game
Top Tweets: Olympic curlers drop the puck at Wild game Members of the gold-medal winning U.S. Olympic curling team stopped by to give the Wild a hand Top Tweets: Olympic curlers drop the puck at Wild game
K-State keeps on keeping on, upsets Kentucky 61-58 to move onto Elite Eight
K-State keeps on keeping on, upsets Kentucky 61-58 to move onto Elite Eight Kansas State a 61-58 victory over Kentucky in the South Regional semifinals Thursday night. K-State keeps on keeping on, upsets Kentucky 61-58 to move onto Elite...
Mike Scioscia 'I think what's encouraging is seeing our pitching come together!'
Mike Scioscia ‘I think what’s encouraging is seeing our pitching come together!’ ‘These guys will be ready on the offensive side of the batters box!’ Zack Cozart is a flexible player who wears many hats on the field…and tonight he...
Rolling right along: FSU thumps Gonzaga, advances to Elite Eight for 3rd time in school history
Rolling right along: FSU thumps Gonzaga, advances to Elite Eight for 3rd time in school history Terance Mann scored 18 points and ninth-seeded FSU advanced to the Elite Eight for the third time in school history with a 75-60 victory...
Bruce Webber breaks down Kansas State's shocking upset of Kentucky in the Sweet 16
Bruce Webber breaks down Kansas State’s shocking upset of Kentucky in the Sweet 16 Bruce Webber credits his team’s resiliency and toughness in Kansas State’s upset of Kentucky. Bruce Webber breaks down Kansas State’s shocking upset of Kentucky in...
LA Kings Live: Coach Stevens 'I thought it was a tremendous effort by our team and especially by our leadership group!'
LA Kings Live: Coach Stevens ‘I thought it was a tremendous effort by our team and especially by our leadership group!’ The LA Kings dominated the ice Thursday night! ‘When your veteran guys really get going it’s easy for your...
LA Kings Live: Anze Kopitar 'We came out and really got it ourselves and put our foot on the gas pedal and got it done!'
LA Kings Live: Anze Kopitar ‘We came out and really got it ourselves and put our foot on the gas pedal and got it done!’ After getting scored on first, the LA Kings ‘put their foot on the gas pedal’...
Harden scores 10 in OT to lift Rockets over Pistons 100-96
Harden scores 10 in OT to lift Rockets over Pistons 100-96 Griffin had 21 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Harden scores 10 in OT to lift Rockets over Pistons 100-96
- AP Podcast: Do You Believe in ... Sister Jean? March 23, 2018Jim Litke and Tim Dahlberg rank the most painful losses in NCAA Tournament history, beginning with the matchup that pitted their hometown favorites, Loyola of Chicago and Nevada, for a spot in the Elite Eight in the latest episode of the "AP Sports Special Events" daily March Madness podcast .The Associated Press
- Loyola has hoops fans 'sitting on the edge of their chairs' March 23, 2018ATLANTA (AP) — The graying reminders of Loyola-Chicago's basketball history are hanging on the Ramblers' captivating run through the NCAA Tournament.The Associated Press
- Second half of Sweet 16 filled with compelling matchups March 23, 2018Loyola-Chicago and its game-planning nun are headed to the Elite Eight. So too are Kansas State, Florida State and Michigan in this maddest of Marches.The Associated Press
- Noles roll: Florida St beats Gonzaga 75-60 in 3rd NCAA upset March 23, 2018LOS ANGELES (AP) — Terance Mann grabbed the basketball with both hands and screamed, relishing his turn to be the high-scoring hero while Florida State steadily pulled away from Gonzaga.The Associated Press
- Gritty K-State delivers another upset, 61-58 over Kentucky March 23, 2018ATLANTA (AP) — Barry Brown Jr. darted into the lane, blowing by everybody in blue, and delivered a rare burst of offense just in the nick of time.The Associated Press
- It's zLAtan: Galaxy seal Ibrahimovic deal March 23, 2018null
- South Florida sports owner Huizenga dies at 80 March 23, 2018Wayne Huizenga, the first man to own teams in three major sports leagues with the Marlins, Panthers and Dolphins, has died at age 80.
- Five tracks to cut, five to add to Cup March 23, 2018NASCAR faces significant contractual hurdles to change its Cup series schedule and tracks. But it should be looking at different avenues, especially at short tracks and road courses.
- Roundtable: What schedule changes would boost fan interest? March 23, 2018Want to get NASCAR fans riled up? Bring up the Cup schedule. So what enhancements should the sport consider for 2019? Our experts weigh in.
- Zlatan tells Los Angeles: You're welcome March 23, 2018Zlatan Ibrahimovic is moving to LA Galaxy and he announced the move on Friday in, er, typical understated style. Or not.
- Zlatan was a box office smash at United March 23, 2018He didn't stay long and left via the back door but he and his larger-than-life character was a success at Manchester United.
- Judge leading off Friday, could hit there in '18 March 23, 2018Yankees slugger Aaron Judge is in the leadoff spot for Friday's spring training game against the Red Sox, and the 2017 AL Rookie of the Year could be used there at times this season.
- Does Derek Carr remind Jordy Nelson of Aaron Rodgers? March 23, 2018Despite the comparisons made between Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson says it unfair to put that kind of weight on the Raiders' young QB.
- How the Giants' front seven might take shape without Jason Pierre-Paul March 23, 2018Under new coordinator James Bettcher, New York is expected to change to a 3-4 base defense, moving Olivier Vernon to outside linebacker.
- Have the Eagles gotten even better this offseason? March 23, 2018The Super Bowl champs decided not to be complacent this offseason, with plenty of departures, a few big additions and more to come on draft day.
- Late nights, back tats and chasing titles with Chris Beard March 23, 2018Having been a nomad his whole career, Texas Tech's coach took a long road to Lubbock. Now, he has the Red Raiders in the Sweet 16.
- Will Don Sweeney have the last laugh? March 23, 2018Sweeney has drawn plenty of criticism, but the Bruins GM has made all the right moves lately. We asked our experts: Has he been lucky, or do we owe him an apology?
- Grayson Allen makes peace with being Grayson Allen March 23, 2018He is college basketball's most polarizing player, and his career is coming to an end. Through the controversy and triumphs, Duke's lone senior is starting to understand himself.
- The 2018 Uni Watch preview March 23, 2018It's time for another baseball season, so let's catch up with every patch, stripe, throwback and color change in the majors.
- Lowe's 10 things: The Cavs look unstoppable again March 23, 2018This week's highlights include evolutionary Anthony Davis crossovers, tanky jumpers, the ginormous Sixers and more.
- Sizing up Mike Trout and the Sultan of Swat, most unseriously March 23, 2018Sure, Mike Trout is great at baseball, but could he carry Babe Ruth's spittoon? Humorist Steve Etheridge digs into advanced analytics to conclusively settle this debate for the ages.
- Johnny Manziel to the Patriots? Not likely, but not crazy March 23, 2018The Patriots were one of 13 teams to watch Johnny Manziel throw Thursday. And while it's unlikely, there are reasons for them to consider signing him.
- 'Is this really happening?' Why yes, it is March 23, 2018No. 11 Loyola-Chicago and No. 9 Kansas State advanced to an Elite Eight matchup that no one predicted in what was supposed to be Kentucky's region.
- KSU players irked by no Kentucky handshakes March 23, 2018Kansas State players said they were upset that Kentucky's squad left the court before shaking their hands, a move that Kentucky coach John Calipari said was not meant to be disrespectful.
- Kings owner calls for unity amid police protests March 23, 2018Kings owner Vivek Ranadive addressed the crowd after the team's delayed game Thursday against the Hawks, as protests took place around Sacramento in the wake of the weekend police shooting of an unarmed black man.